- Is there a route of travel to the entrance that does not require the use of stairs?
- Is the route of travel stable, firm, and slip-resistant?
- Is the route at least 36 inches wide?
- Can all objects protruding into the routes be detected by a person with a visual disability using a cane?
- Do curbs on the route have curb cuts at drives, parking, and drop-offs?
- Are the slopes of ramps less than 1 inches in 12 inches?
- Do all ramps longer than 6 feet have railings on both sides?
- Are railings sturdy and between 34 inches and 38 inches high?
- Is the width between railings or curbs at least 36 inches?
- Are ramps non-slip?
- Is there a 5-foot long level landing at every 30-foot horizontal length of ramp, at the top and bottom of ramps, and at switchbacks?
- What is the ramps rise?
For additional information regarding these guidelines, please contact the Building Inspections Department at (918) 358-3506.